Monday, May 19, 2008

Wow.

this is one of the first poems i ever wrote. i was twelve years old.

i have no idea how i made it out alive, but i'm so thankful that i did.

not only does this show my evolution as an artist... but as a person...

Sweet

And blood tastes sweet
Delicious like candy I would never eat
Smooth on my tongue like a razor blade
Bleed the pain away til I begin to fade

And tears taste sweet
Bitter like the herbs I would never eat
Smooth on my tongue like a razor blade
Cry the pain away til I begin to fade

And bones taste sweet
Creamy like desserts I would never eat
Smooth on my tongue like a razor blade
Starve the pain away til I begin to fade

The death you give
Black like the life I would never live
Suicide is sweet like a razor blade
Thanking my disease as I begin to fade.




yeah... you know what this brings to mind?


Still Here
Langston Hughes

been scared and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me,
Sun has baked me,

Looks like between 'em they done
Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'--
But I don't care!
I'm still here!

No comments: