Friday, May 23, 2008

Sitting in Silence.

Speak to me friend! Or is the world so wide

That souls may easily forget their speech,

And the strong love that binds us each to each

Who have stood together watching God's white tide

Pouring, and those bright shapes of dreams which ride

Through darkness; we who have walked the silent beach

Strown with strange wonders out of ocean's reach

Which the next flood in her great heart shall hide?

Do not forget me, though the sands should fall,

And many things be swept away in deep,

And a new vision uttered to the shore,--

If after days bespeak me not at all,

Nor other's praise awake my song from sleep,

Nor Poetry remember, anymore.

Edward Estlin, I'm going to marry you (after I die and we are united in the afterlife, of course).

How does he know? Seriously.

1 comment:

Joe said...

He "knows" because he is great. And nothings makes me happier than that YOU know that he knows.

When you find someone who speaks to you, embrace him/her. Who cares that he's dead-- he's writing isn't!